Asperger East Anglia works in many areas to help people of all ages to live their lives with as much independence as possible.
Asperger East Anglia offers personal, friendly support and assistance for everyone with or suspected of having Asperger syndrome, their families and others who work with or care for them by providing a comprehensive and integrated service. Where there is a gap in provision we aim to work in partnership to help fill it.
History of Asperger East Anglia
1996 first established as S.T.E.P.S. by a group of parents of children with Asperger syndrome/High Functioning Autism. Started in the home of the founder, Marcella Olive then with growth had a small office at the Charing Cross Centre in Norwich.
- 1998 changed name to Asperger Norfolk and became a registered Charity.
- 1998-2004 grew to cover East Anglia.
- Dec 2002 - Moved to the top floor offices at 2 Lower Goat Lane Norwich.
- 2004 changed name to Asperger East Anglia.
- January 2008 - moved to suite of offices at the Charing Cross Centre, Norwich.
- January 2010 - A partner (with Norfolk County Council & the NHS) in the new Asperger Service Norfolk.